How to disable Telegram on smartphones and tablets
You are interested in understanding how to disable Telegram, intervening on notifications e muzzle, and use the famous service via the app for Android or the one for iOS? Then read the instructions on what to do below. You will also find explained how disconnetterti dall’account.
If you want to disable Telegram notifications from a specific contact, group, channel or bot, all you have to do is take your smartphone or tabet, unlock it, access the screen where there are the icons of all the applications, press on that of the famous instant messaging app and access the main screen of the same, the one where all the chats are grouped.
At this point, select the conversazione reference and follow the instructions below depending on the mobile platform used.
- Android - tap the button with i three dots vertically located at the top right, select the item Silence notifications from the menu that opens and choose the option you prefer among Silence for 1 hour, Silence for 8 hours or Silence for 2 days. To completely disable notifications, press the conversation name e carries his OFF l'interruttore accanto alla voce Notifications.
- iOS - presses on profile picture at the top right, tap on the menu Notifications and choose the option you prefer from Silence for 1 hour, Silence for 2 days or disable.
If you then want to intervene on the notification settings in general and not on those of individual users, groups or channels, proceed as indicated below, always depending on the mobile platform you are using and based on your needs and preferences .
- Android - presses the button with the three lines horizontally collocato in alto a sinistra and selects the voice Settings from the menu that opens, then presses on the wording Notifications and sounds. Then bring up OFF the switches next to the items Private chats, Groups o Channel. Pigiandoci above you can, on the other hand, intervene on other parameters (vibration, pop-up notifications, etc.). Bringing (or leaving) on OFF the switches located in correspondence with the sections Badge counters, In-app notifications, Events e Other you can disable further Telegram notifications, while pressing on the items you find under the heading Voice calls e scegliendo, rispettivamente, l'opzione disabled e silent you can disable notifications for voice calls.
- iOS - presses on the voice Settings at the bottom right, select the wording Notifications and sounds in the new screen that appears and brings up OFF the switches Show notification e Preview Message that you find in correspondence with the sections Message notifications, Group notifications e Channel notifications. By pressing, instead, on the wording Sound attached to each section and choosing Nobody from the next screen you can delete the notification sound, while the switches you find under the items In-app notifications e Counter badge they allow you, respectively, to manage in-app notifications and badge counter settings. If you then want to disable the notifications relating to the availability of new contacts on Telegram, bring up OFF l'interruttore situato accanto alla dicitura New contacts.
Would you like to understand ** how to disable a Telegram bot ** but you don't have the faintest idea how to do the operation in question? So do this: take your mobile device, unlock it, access the screen where there are the icons of all the apps, press the Telegram one and access the main screen of the app where all the chats are grouped.
Once this is done, proceed as indicated below, based on the mobile platform you are using.
- Android - presses on conversazione launched with the bot, select theavatar placed at the top, press the button with the three dots vertically and choose the item Stop bot give the menu check if you press.
- iOS - presses on conversazione launched with the bot, select theavatar located at the top of the screen and choose the item Stop bot at the bottom.
If, on the other hand, you have created a bot and want more information on how to manage it or, possibly, disable / delete it, read my guide dedicated to the topic.
Do you want to log out of your Telegram account? Then take your smartphone or tablet, unlock it, access the screen where there are the icons of all the apps, press the one of the famous instant messaging application and access the main screen of the same.
Therefore, proceed as indicated below, depending on the mobile platform you are using.
- Android - presses the button with the three lines horizontally at the top left and select the item Settings from the menu that opens. In the new screen that appears, tap the button with i three dots vertically at the top right and select the option Logout.
- iOS - tap on the item Settings located at the bottom right, presses on you don't know present at the top and select the item Logout located at the bottom of the newly displayed screen.
How to disable Telegram from your PC
And using the client for PC and Mac? How do you disable Telegram by intervening on notifications e muzzle e disconnettendo the account? To find out, continue reading: you will find everything explained in detail below.
If you are interested in understanding how to disable ** notifications ** relating to a conversation with a given user, group, channel or bot, the first step you need to take is to start the Telegram client on your computer and select, in the list on the left of the window that appeared on the screen, the conversazione of reference.
Next, click the button with i three dots vertically located at the top right, select the option Disable notifications from the menu that opens and choose, based on your needs and preferences, one of the available options: For 1 hour, For 4 hours, For 18 hours, For 3 days or Per semper.
If, on the other hand, you want to adjust how notifications work in general, click the button with the three lines horizontally located at the top left and choose, from the menu that is shown to you, the item Settings.
In the further window that opens, click on the item Notifications, then remove the check from the boxes next to the options under the items Notifications for chats, Counter badge, Events e Native notifications, always depending on what your real needs are.
And to disable bots? How to do this using the Telegram application for Windows and macOS? Let's find out now! First, launch the latter on your computer, then click on bot name you want to act on which is in the chat list on the left.
Finally, click on the button with i three dots vertically located at the top right and choose, from the menu that opens, the option Stop and block bots. Done!
To log out of the account instead, start the Telegram application on your computer, click the button with the three lines horizontally at the top left and choose, from the menu that opens, the option Settings.
In the new window displayed, press the button with i three dots vertically located at the top right and select the option Logout from the menu that appears. Done!
If you have created a bot and want more information on its management, including its deactivation / cancellation, read my guide dedicated to the topic.
How to disable Telegram Web
Let's move on now Telegram Web and then let's find out what are the steps that must be taken to disable the notifications and for log out from the account. As for the bots, unfortunately the operation is not feasible via the browser (at least not at the time of writing this tutorial).
If you want to disable notifications by referring to a specific contact, group, channel or bot, all you have to do is, after connecting to the web page of the service using the browser you generally use to surf the Net (eg. Chrome), select the conversazione reference from the list on the left, click on name which is on top and carry on OFF l'interruttore situato accanto alla voce Notifications. Here it is!
If you want to take action on notifications in general, click the button with the three lines horizontally located at the top left and select, from the menu that opens, the item Settings. In the window you now see appear, adjust the settings relating to the deactivation of notifications, based on your needs and preferences, bringing up OFF the switches next to the items Desktop notifications, Notifications in the background, Preview message e Sound.
As for the ability to log out of the account, you can do so by connecting to the web page of the service, using the browser that you generally use to surf the Net (eg. Chrome), pressing the button with the three lines horizontally at the top left, by clicking on the item Settings in the menu that opens and, finally, on the wording Logout in the new window that appears.
How to permanently disable Telegram
You have thought about it carefully and you have determined that the best thing for you is to deactivate Telegram permanently, that is to account cancellation? I'll explain immediately how to do it. However, keep in mind that, by doing so, not only will you no longer appear in the service systems, but also that all messages sent and received up to this moment, the groups you belong to, the bots used and the channels followed will no longer be associated with the your phone number and / or your username.
In any case, if this is your choice, do this: connect to the Web page specifically dedicated to this operation and type the your phone number (the one with which you registered for the service) complete with local international prefix (Eg. prefix 1234567890) in the appropriate item located in the center of the screen, then click on the button Next.
In the new page that is shown to you at this point, type the code that was sent to you on Telegram by the service team in the empty field below the wording Confirmation Code and click sul pulsating Sign In. Finally, fill in the empty field under the heading Why are you leaving?, indicating the reasons on the basis of which you have chosen to delete your Telegram account, and click on the button Done.
Should you have second thoughts, you can always and in any case subscribe again to Telegram, even using the same phone number and the same name (if available, of course). However, in the eyes of other users and Telegram itself, you will be a new user. To be clear, for example, by starting a new chat with a user you used to chat with before the cancellation, a new conversation will be opened and there will be no trace of the previous one.
Then keep in mind that as well as as I have just indicated, the definitive cancellation of the account also takes place in automatic way, following a prolonged period of inactivity of the same. To be precise, automatic deletion occurs later by default 6 months, but the option is editable from the service settings.
For more information, both regarding immediate cancellation and cancellation after a period of inactivity, I refer you to reading my guide specifically dedicated to how to delete a Telegram account. I anticipate that you will also find indicated solutions that you can evaluate as an alternative to the definitive abandonment of the use of Telegram and that, in my opinion, you would do well to consider.How to disable Telegram