Activate TIM answering machine via code
The simplest way to activate TIM's voicemail is to use one of the greed speciali that I am going to propose to you below. These are codes to type in dialer smartphone (i.e. in the screen where the telephone numbers are dialed) and to be confirmed by pressing the pulse of confirmation, the one you normally use to initiate a call (the handset on Android and iPhone and the "Call" button on Windows Phone).
- To activate the TIM answering machine for all calls - ** 21 * 41919 #.
- To activate the TIM answering machine, calls received when your line is busy - ** 67 * 41919 #.
- To activate the TIM answering machine for unanswered calls - ** 61 * 41919 #. If you want, you can also use the code ** 61 * 41919 ** TIME # to set the ring time, expressed in seconds, after which the answering machine is triggered.
- To activate the TIM answering machine for calls received when your line is not reachable - ** 62 * 41919 #.
At the end of the operation, a message will appear on the phone screen informing you about the outcome of the operation.
Activate TIM answering machine via 40920
Another very easy way to activate TIM answering machine is to contact the 40920 from your mobile phone and follow the instructions of the automatic service. At the time of this writing, the key combination to type is as follows:
- 2 to access the menu relating to the answering machine service;
1-1 (1 twice in a row) to confirm the activation of the service;
- 1 to activate the answering machine when the phone is off or unreachable;
- 2 to activate the answering machine when the call is not answered;
- 3 to activate the answering machine when the number is busy;
- 4 to activate the answering machine in all the circumstances listed above;
- 5 to activate the answering machine for all calls
- 1 to confirm activation of the answering machine.
You will also need to set up a personal code composed of 8 digits to access the answering machine, by typing it twice consecutively on the telephone keypad (followed by the hash symbol).
Activate the TIM answering machine via MyTIM Mobile
Are you a "tech" type? Then you can also manage the answering service from MyTIM Mobile, TIM's Web service that allows you to customize your line, monitor consumption and much more.
To use MyTIM Mobile, connect to the TIM website from your computer and access the section MyTIM Mobile by filling in the appropriate form. If you have not yet created an account to access TIM's online services, click on the item register here which is located at the bottom right and fill out the form that is proposed to you with your phone number and the verification code you see on the screen.
At this point, log in to MyTIM Mobile, select the tab Services and click on the button Configure placed next to the item Voice mail. Then choose whether to activate the voicemail always o only in some cases, put the check mark next to the items related to the circumstances in which you want to use the answering service (Phone turned off or unreachable, Busy line o No response) and click your Confirmation per salvare i Cambiomenti.
MyTIM Mobile is also available in the form of a smartphone app, but at the time of writing it does not yet allow you to manage the answering machine. To activate the answering machine from your mobile, use the special codes I provided earlier or call 40920.
TIM secretary for fixed network
TIM also operates within the fixed network (this is the old Telecom city), where it offers a paid answering machine service that allows you to receive voice messages when your number is busy or you do not answer calls.
The secretarial service for the fixed network costs € 2,04 / month and can be activated directly from the TIM website (by clicking on the Attiva and logging into your account) or by calling 187. For more information on this, consult the operator's website.How to activate TIM answering machine