How do I request a PlayStation Store game refund? If you accidentally bought a game or simply regret it, it is indeed possible to request a refund but under certain conditions.
Why request a refund?
Almost all online content platforms offer a refund option. The PlayStation Store, Sony's official store on which it is possible to buy PS4 games and PS5 games but also subscriptions to PlayStation Plus is also part of it. Here is the procedure to follow if you wish to be reimbursed for your purchase.
For a while now, Sony has been offering refunds on the PlayStation Store. However, these are subject to certain conditions. We review them and also explain to you the procedure to follow to request a refund of purchase on the PS Store.
What are the conditions to be eligible for a refund?
As Sony states on its support page, you have 14 days from the date of purchase to request a refund. If the content has been downloaded or streamed, you will not be eligible for a refund unless the content is faulty. The conditions that must be met in order for Sony to accept your refund request.
- You have 14 days from date of purchase to request a refund (including subscriptions)
- You must not have downloaded the game
- If the download of the game has started, you will not be able to get a refund (that said, some exceptions exist such as with Cyberpunk 2077, until further notice)
- In the case of a subscription, the reimbursement will be made pro rata to the time elapsed since its activation.
How do I request a refund on PlayStation Store?
In order to request a refund for a PlayStation Store purchase, you must must go through the contact form made available by Sony on its official website.
- Go to the contact form on the PlayStation website
- Then click Select a subject
- Then select PlayStation Store Refunds and Cancellations
- Fill in the information requested: First and last name, PSN online ID, email address associated with the ID, a contact email address, the type of content, the name of the content, the reason for the request, the Transaction ID and date of purchase. Pay attention and be sure to fill in these elements correctly, then click on Send. Your request will be taken into account and Sony undertakes to answer you favorably or not within 72 hours.
How to get Cyberpunk 2077 refund on PS5 and PS4?
CyberPunk 2077 on both PS4 and PS5 may be subject to a refund request. This exceptional measure is allowed since the game came out with a bunch of bugs. Faced with the anger of the players, Sony therefore allows them to be reimbursed, even if it has been downloaded. If you are one of them, just go to this address. Note that it is necessary to have a PlayStation account.