For many people and according to the modern view of the computer, the web browser is all that is needed to do anything.
Send Email, write on Facebook and then even open and edit Office documents online, open PDFs, watch videos and listen to music.
For the music, there are two ways of listening: you can use the various online music streaming sites or you can listen to mp3 tracks saved in your computer. Su Google Chrome e sui Chromebook, just drag an mp3 track with the mouse on the browser window to start listening. Thanks to this functionality, using some extensions, it is possible use Chrome as an mp3 player program, as if it were the Windows Media Player where you can organize playlists to listen to in sequence according to the desired order. Other applications, then, allow you to hear streaming music from various online services, directly.
In this way, in theory, no other program would be needed to listen to music from the computer that can be played on Chrome, without abandoning Internet browsing.
To use Chrome to hear music one of these can be used applications / extensions to download from the Chrome Web Store for free:
1) Enjoy Music Player, after installing it you can start it from the Chrome home tab as an application. The music music player allows you to play files MP3, WAV (including i CD music) and OGG Of computer.
To add music to the player just drag tracks from your computer folder or press the + button next to the "Music Explorer" menu item. You can certainly create a collection of songs and arrange them in a personal listening order. The list of songs can be displayed by title, author or album. The player controls are large at the top and there are also buttons for repeating a playlist, for shuffling and for sending the title of the song you listen to on Twitter. Enjoy Music Player also shows the number of times a title has been heard. Each time you switch from one song to another, one appears notifies on the desktop in the right corner of the screen, if you have turned on the notifications function from the Chrome options. Furthermore, in the options it is possible to change the background color and other customizations. Enjoy Music Player also works in offline mode, without internet connection e the music doesn't stop if you close the card of the reader, remaining in the background (this can still be deactivated). The only thing missing, besides support for other audio file formats, is an equalizer for setting different types of loudness.
2) Remo Music Player is available as both an HTML5 based web app and a Chrome app. Not only can you listen to music but it also supports the display of song lyrics and an equalizer. Support mp3 files and playlists.
3) MP3 Player is another application for Chrome with fewer features than Remo, but with a more compact and clean design.
4) Music player it is a simple reader MP3 which also supports OGG.
Unfortunately it does not support Wav and therefore it does not work if you want to listen to music cds. To add music you have to use the Import button or drag the file from the folder onto the Drop button. Playlists can be created to organize the song list. There are no other playback controls; the MP3 Player, however, integrates with the internet connection and allows you to find the lyrics of the songs, to read news about the singer and to see the video on Youtube.
5) Youtube music is Google's music application that works online as a Chrome application.
Youtube Music allows you to listen to music uploaded to the internet. In this case the music is uploaded online using the Music Manager program so it does not work if the PC is not connected to the internet.
6) TTWR player lets you hear PC music from Chrome with a minimalist and easy-to-use interface.
7) Deezer Control is the extension for those who use Deezer as a premium service, to listen to music from Chrome without opening Deezer.
9) Undrtone is one of the most popular and most popular online music extensions for Google Chrome, to listen to music by searching for songs and organizing them in a playlist. This app also integrates into Chrome's search bar (the one where you write internet addresses) by presenting the results in a drop-down list so you can hear the songs chosen in an ultra-fast way, taking them from Spotify and other music sites.
10) Seesu Music is another great opportunity to have your favorite music always at your fingertips, to do research and know what are the latest hits of the moment for each artist or singer. Searches can be done by artist or even by genre, to save your favorite songs in playlists. The graphics are a little fuzzy and the lettering a little small, but it's the best ever for researching and discovering new music.
11) radio Player brings more than 350 radio stations to Chrome, unfortunately English.
12) StreamKeys finally it is a very useful extension for Chrome that has buttons to control the playback of music on a website like Spotify or Youtube or hundreds of others. The site must be kept open in a tab which, however, is not necessary to view in order to use the various buttons.
13) AudioBox allows you to stream music from different apps such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Box.net, SoundCloud, OneDrive and more.
14) Music Player per Google Drive allows you to listen to music saved in Google Drive and supports MP3, MP4, AAC, OGG, WAV, webm files.
15) Enjoy Music Player it is similar to the previous one, to listen to music from Google Drive and also the MP3s saved on the PC, functioning as a Media Player in Chrome. Among the interesting features, there are the equalizer and support for ChromeCast.
ALSO READ: Best mp3 music audio player programs-