What do I need to have in order to have Linux?
As we told you in the last places of the past topic, one of the most extraordinary advantages of Linux is having the choice to repurpose an old personal computer. This is specifically expected to the prerequisites that this framework needs to work.
Here are the prerequisites that Linux needs for its establishment:
The necessities you will require from your PC are essentially negligible. This is because you are actually going to want to utilize Linux on a PC that has 1 GB of RAM, with a board capacity of no less than 100 MB and a processor that is Pentium II or Intel Celeron with 256 MB of RAM.
These assets are the base you want for specific distros, for example, "Little dog Linux". However, in the event that you need to get to one with more applications, you should think about somewhat more specialized PC prerequisites.
Choosing an operating system appropriation
One of the most noteworthy aspects of Linux is the number of circulations that exist on the lookout for you to pick the one that best suits your needs. In reality, you'll want to settle on your choice in light of the quantity of applications they can offer you and the degree of assets your PC requires. One more method to pick a distro is by its point of interaction, by the degree of online help you can have on various networks, by the simplicity of establishment or by the degree of issues they present in OS administration.
Among the most significant distros, we can highlight:
- Ubuntu: Coming from Debian engineering, it is expected mainly for people who are getting started with Linux. It is possibly the best known appropriation.
- Manjaro: It is a distro focused on clients with more information in the framework, it has a place with the Arch Linux family.
- Raspbian: If you are a Raspberry Pi lover, you can find in this official conveyance, every one of the important lumps for the correct activity of computer games and different applications.
- Curve Linux: This spread depends on Ubuntu design, and simultaneously Debian. It is ideal for clients who are simply beginning the Linux path, as its working area has similarities in the Windows interface.
- Lubuntu: It is one of the lightest. It is very likely to be introduced in PCs with few assets and processors that nowadays can be seen as outdated in other work frameworks. Among the applications it uses, we can refer to OpenBox windows and the LXDE workspace.
- Doggy Linux: This is a diff more focused on those PCs that have a piece of antiquity and very few assets.
- Zorin OS: It is a distro in view of the Ubuntu family in which it offers a MacOS-like connection point and is arranged for hacking exercises. You should pay around 14 € for this circulation.
As there are a variety of distributions, we suggest that you visit the authority pages of each one. This will enable you to know in more detail the specialized necessities you really want to enhance the execution of your PC.
Before Linux establishment, it is important to boot a USB to have the operating system circulation on this gadget and subsequently have the option to introduce your chosen distro from the PC boot. The first thing you have to do is visit the site of the circulation you have chosen and download it in an ISO record.
Next, you must download an application to be able to "make bootable USB". There are a ton of uses you can utilize to do this job, however the most notable one in this type is "Rufus".
When you have observed the most recent version of Rufus, you will need to associate the USB to the PC, so you will need to choose in the "Gadget" field the name of the memory stick and after that you will need to click on "Select". You will see the name of the Linux dispersion disk in ".ISO" design. You should pick it, click on "Open" and after that click on "Start".
Next, you'll see a natural strategy where the framework will ask if you need Rufus to pick a more experienced way to boot syslinux. It will likewise let you know if you need to write in ISO picture mode and afterward you ought to acknowledge when it asks if you need to delete each of the information from the USB.
Steps to introduce Linux on your newly organized PC
We show you the essential steps to introduce the Linux operating system on a recently organized PC without errors:
Choosing Linux diffusion.
As we referred to previously, there are a huge number of distros that you can utilize for framework establishment. This can be picked by:
- Client's level of information about Linux. You ought to consider that you are not a similar individual who is simply beginning in the ways of this open source framework than a client who as of now has a specific capacity on the order lines.
- Number of utilizations you can find in each conveyance. This specifically has to do with the climate of the work area, the windows that will open, as well as the explicit capacities as indicated by the sort of action required.
- Purpose of Linux introduction. You should know whether it is to take care of your security, to utilize it for hacking exercises, on a Raspberry Pi, to reuse an old PC, or for explicit exercises like gaming, sound, streaming, and so on.
For our situation, since the objective is to breathe life into an outdated PC, we will utilize "Lubuntu".
When you have picked the dispersion, you will need to download it from the distro's site and continue inserting it into a USB gadget. You will do this with an ISO image. Next, you should set up the external memory stick to have the option to connect it to the PC and introduce Linux from boot.
To do this you must use Rufus and follow these means:
- Associate the USB to the PC.
- Choose "Select".
- Click on "Open".
- Click on "Start".
- Choose "Yes".
- Start the choice "Write in ISO image mode (suggested)" and select "OK".
- To finish, click "OK".
Booting the PC
When you have associated the USB to your PC, you must boot it and then choose with the drive selector, which will depend on the Bios that the PC has, the memory where you have the Linux distro provided. You must choose through the directional screws and to complete the interaction you must press "Enter".
When you have picked the boot drive and clicked on Lubuntu, you should choose the language (F2) that you need to utilize in the design. Then, at that point, you should tap on the main option, "Start Lubuntu". Now the OS will start via USB, you will see in the work area an executable document of the application.
By clicking on the executable document, the framework will invite you to the Lubuntu installer. After choosing the language, click on "Next". Choose the zone through the "District" and "Zone" presets. When you have everything, click "Next" to choose the console format.
Next, you should go to the "Segments" tab and start the third option, "Eradicate All". This will allow you to have only Linux as the framework. You should click "Next" again to finish with the introduction of Lubuntu or some other circulation you have chosen on your PC.