How to remove Instagram notifications
Would you remove all notifications from Instagram to completely silence the famous photographic social network? Let me tell you how to proceed.
To remove all notifications from Instagram on Android, you must go to the system settings, specifically in the section dedicated to the notifications of the various apps, select Instagram and disable the notifications regarding the app in question.
Then start the app Settings placed on the home screen and / or in the drawer of your device, tap on the option Notifications (o Audio and notifications) and, in the screen that opens, select the wording Applications (o Notifications> App Notifications).
Scroll, therefore, which contains the list of installed apps, tap oninstagram icon and move up ON the switch lever located next to the item Block (o Block everything): by doing so, you will no longer receive notifications from Instagram, unless you set the block lever back to OFF.
Please note that the procedure in question may slightly vary depending on the make / model of the device in your possession and depending on the version of Android installed on the latter.
Also on iPhone it is possible to disable all notifications from the Instagram app by operating from the operating system settings: just go to the section dedicated to notifications, select the Instagram app and remove the authorization to send new notifications.
Then start the app Settings of iOS, by tapping on the gray icon with gears placed on the home screen, select the item Notifications in the screen that opens, scroll through the list of apps and then press the icon of Instagram.
Finally, move up OFF the switch lever located in correspondence with the wording Consenti notified And that's it. Obviously, you can always retrace your steps by going to the previously indicated screen and moving the lever up ON.
You also use Instagram on PC? Well, in that case, know that you can turn off notifications, both as far as the Web version of the social network that his application for Windows 10.
If you use the web version of Instagram, to disable Instagram notifications you must go to the settings of the browser in use and proceed directly from there. Here's how to act on the main web browsers.
- Chrome - click on the button (⋮) situato in alto a destra e seleciona la voce Settings in the opened menu. Then click on the item Site settings located in the box Privacy and security and select the item Notifications. Now, go to the section Allow and, once the address has been identified https://www.instagram.comclick on your button (⋮) placed next to it and select the item Block from the opened menu.
- Firefox - click on the button (≡) at the top right, click on the item Pref Renze in the opened menu and then go to the tab Privacy and security, by clicking on the wording in the sidebar located on the left. Now, click the button Settings ... located in correspondence with the wording Notifications (in the box Permissions), locate https://www.instagram.com, expand the drop-down menu corresponding to the site of Instagram and select the item Block. Finally, click on the button Save Changes located in the lower right corner of the pane.
- Microsoft Edge - click on the button (...) situato in alto a destra e seleciona la voce Settings from the opened menu. Then choose the item Site permissions located on the left, click Notifications, then on the button Add placed in correspondence with the item Block and, after entering the address https://www.instagram.com in the appropriate text field, click on the button Add.
- Safari - go to the menu Safari> Preferences (top left), click on the item Notifications located on the side bar located on the left (in the section Generali), locate www.instagram.com, open the drop-down menu next to it and select the item Reject.
As for the Instagram application for Windows 10, however, to disable the notifications from the latter, click on the button Home (the flag icon located in the lower left corner of the screen), click thegear placed on the left of the opened menu, to go to the Settings Windows 10, and select the item System present in the window that opens.
Then click on the item Notifications and actions placed on the left and, in the section Get notifications from apps and other senderssposta su Disabled the switch located in correspondence with the application of Instagram.
How to disable Instagram notifications of a profile
If you want disable Instagram notifications of a profile and not all notifications from the photographic social network, all you have to do is follow the instructions below.
How to turn off Instagram Stories notifications
If you mean turn off Instagram Stories notifications made by other users, access your account via the Instagram app for Android or iPhone, tap on the icon magnifying glass located at the bottom left, look for the Profile of the person whose notifications for stories you want to silence (in search bar at the top) and tap his username, in order to go to his account.
At this point, to disable notifications relating to stories, tap the symbol (∨) placed next to the wording Follow already, in the opened box, tap on the item Notifications and, finally, move up OFF the switch lever located in correspondence with the wording Stories.
From now on, when the user posts a new story on Instagram, you will not receive any notification (unless you go back to the screen indicated above by setting it again to ON l'interruttore posto accanto alla dicitura Stories).
If desired, you can also disable the display of the thumbnail relating to the availability of a new story by the selected user: to proceed in this sense, tap on the symbol of the cottage (bottom left), make a long tap on the story created by the user you want to silence and press on the wording Turn off history o Turn off the story and posts (based on what you want to do).
How to turn off Instagram post notifications
If you wish turn off Instagram post notifications posted by other users, log into your account via the Instagram app for Android or iPhone, tap the magnifying glass (bottom left) and find the profile of your interest.
Then, select the profile of your interest, click on the symbol (∨) located next to the item Follow already and, in the box that opens, tap on the item Notifications and move up OFF the switch located in correspondence with the wording Post.
From this moment on, you will not receive notifications regarding new posts published by the user in question (unless you move back to ON the switch deactivated previously).
If you want, you can also act from the Instagram feed. Just locate a post published by the user you want to silence, tap on the symbol of three dots located in the upper right corner of the box relating to the post itself and select the item Turn off post notifications.
If you don't want to see the user's posts, instead, after tapping on the icon three dots placed in the upper right corner of the post, tap on the item Silence and then select the wording Disable posts o Disable posts and story (based on what you intend to do).
How to disable Instagram notifications on the email
You came to this guide because you intend to disable Instagram notifications on the email associated with your account? This is also possible: just access your account settings and disable unwanted notifications. Here's how to do it from mobile and computer.
- Give smartphone and tablet - access Instagram from its app for Android or iPhone, tap the button (≡) located at the top right, select the item Settings and then tap on Notifications. Dopodiché selects the voice Email and SMS and, in the screen that opens, move up OFF the switches that are located in correspondence with the types of notifications to be silenced (eg. Email di memoria, Product emails, Etc.).
- From PC - access Instagram from its home page or from its Windows 10 application, click on the thumbnail of the your profile photo at the top right, click on the icon roller located in the center and select the item Notifications from the menu that opens. Finally, remove the check mark from the boxes relating to the types of messages not to receive via e-mail and that's it.